Our Whole Lives (OWL) sexuality education program for children born years 2006 & 2007 (grades 5 & 6):
Office Phone: (705) 741-0968
1. Sunday April 8: 1-4 pm
Sessions #1 Sexuality and Values & #2 Images in Popular Culture
2. Sunday April 22, 1-4 pm
Session #3 Body Image & #4 Changes of Puberty & Dinner with Games
3. Sunday April 29: 1-4 pm
Session #5 Gender & #6 Feelings and Attractions
4. Saturday May 5: 3:30-7 pm
Session #7 Reproduction and Staying Healthy & #8 Decisions and Actions and Dinner with Games!
5. Date TBA possibly Sunday May 27th, 3-6:30pm
Session #9 Consent and Peer Pressure & #10 Healthy Relationships & Celebration!
Any questions, please contact me, Kate, at: email@example.com ~Kate Huband, Director of Religious Exploration.
2. The program allows a lot of space for the children and facilitators to discuss and reflect on the topics. Children are given lots of opportunities to voice their questions and concerns and hear a variety of voices. The activities and language used throughout the program have been carefully chosen to be as inclusive and respectful as possible so that the children have an opportunity to voice questions/concerns without feeling judged.
3. The series of 10 sessions are delivered through interactive and playful activities so that the children are having lots of fun and not just sitting at a desk listening to an adult speak.
4. The program affirms parents as their children’s primary sexuality educators and it engages parents in the program through a parent orientation, take home family activities and providing ample resources to families.
5. Our Whole Lives recognizes and respects the diversity of participants with respect to biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and disability status. The activities and language used throughout the program have been carefully chosen to be as inclusive as possible of this human diversity.
To learn more about the OWL program and the curriculum for the different ages, click here.