Religious Exploration Sundays 10am
- Sunday September 9, 10am: Multigenerational Ingathering and Water Communion Service. Gathering our water is a symbol of our connection with each other and with all of creation. Let us honour water and its ability to heal and hold all that is. Plan to bring some water from your life to add to our common bowl. Join us for our Annual Welcome Back Pot Luck lunch, after the service.
- Sunday September 16, 10am: RE with Kate Huband and Gloria Proctor-Bennett. To mark the begining of Peterborough Pride Week, the children and facilitators will explore pride in diversity through experiential activities and games.
- Saturday September 22, 2pm: We will be at the Pride Parade and you are more than welcome to march with us. Where: Peterborough City Hall, 500 George St. N. When: Activities starting at 1:30pm followed by the parade at 2pm. Bring a friend, the family, yourself and most of all your pride! Don’t miss this awesome opportunity to be out and proud in your own community! After the parade at Millennium Park there will be entertainment, food, information and vendor booths. Festivities continue until 6pm.
- Sunday September 23, 10am: Children in grades 6-8 will meet in our youth room with Gloria to help plan an upcoming Family Fun Night on October 19th. All other children will gather with Kate for a “Getting to Know You & UU Principles” treasure hunt – including lots of fun team building activites.
- Sunday September 30, 10am: Experiential art based activities exploring the 7 UU principles.
Stay Tuned For More Information About An Upcoming Family Fun Night On Friday October 19th, Dinner & Activities.
Playroom (ages 0-5)
The Playroom is open on Sundays from 9:45am-11:15am. It is staffed by trained youth from the UFP community, many of whom are members of our Senior Youth Group. Young children are always welcome to stay in the sanctuary during the service – please do whatever works best for your family!
Religious Exploration for Children & Youth (ages 6-14)
Every Sunday at 10am, join our Religious Exploration (RE) facilitators in experiential activities that explore our UU principles
- Each and every person is important.
- All people should be treated fairly.
- In our Fellowship, we accept one another and learn together.
- Each person is free to search for what is true and right.
- Everyone deserves the right to speak out and vote on things that matter to them.
- We work for a peaceful, fair, and free world.
- We care for our planet Earth and every living thing that shares it with us.
Thursday evenings 7:30 pm
Senior Youth Group (youth grades 9–12): The Senior Youth group meets weekly, September – end of June, on Thursdays at 7:30 pm in our downstairs youth room. Youth Group begins meeting again on Thursday Sept. 13th 2018, 7:30pm. The group follows school schedule and does not meet on Thursdays during summer, winter and March breaks and during exam weeks.
Throughout the year UFP Senior Youth have opportunities to travel to weekend Youth Conferences at UU congregations in cities such as Ottawa, Kingston and Montreal – and to sexuality education, OWL (Our Whole Lives)weekend workshops.
Help in the Religious Exploration Program
There are many ways you can support the religious exploration program. We are seeking seniors, adults, young adults and senior youth to help make this an extraordinary program for our treasured children and youth. The time commitment varies — it could be as little as once a year or as often as once a week, and depends on the role you are interested in filling.
Please contact Kate Huband if you are interested or would like to find out more!