Beloved Conversations is coming to UFP this fall! (What is Beloved Conversations? Read all about it here.)
Beloved Conversations explores the role of race in our individual lives and in our congregation, by creating a supportive space to talk about our experiences, and to identify places for growth. It’s a spiritual exploration, as it invites us to rediscover the sacred and important presence of compassion, grace, risk-taking, vulnerability, and healing joy possible when our internalized and systemic racism is unearthed and confronted. Our work together will build deep, trusting, mutually generative and accountable relationships with one another, so that we can move change forward within our congregational system.
Space is limited and your full commitment and engagement is critical. Here’s what it involves:
· A retreat weekend led by professional Beloved Congregations facilitators. This will be held on Sept 20-21, beginning around 6pm on Friday and finishing around 5pm on Saturday.
· Eight weekly sessions, to be held on most Tuesday evenings from 6:30-8:30pm, October 1 through December 3 (except for Nov 19.) These sessions will be facilitated by Jovanna Soligo, Ben Wolfe, and Rev. Julie.
· A fee of $275, which includes the cost of the retreat weekend and bringing the Beloved Conversations facilitators to us. Bursaries are available, to make the program accessible for all.
We ask for your presence at every session. In a group this size, when anyone is missing, it impacts the experience for everyone in the group. Participation is limited to just 12 individuals, and we will take a ‘wait list’. In the event there is enough interest to run two groups, we will do that.
· If you know you’re ready for this, send Rev. Julie a ‘save a spot’ email (we’ll send out registration forms later.)
· If you’re not sure if it’s right for you, talk with Rev. Julie. The ‘big plan’ is to offer this program repeatedly, so hopefully there will be future opportunities to participate.
· If you know you can’t do this at this time, please consider offering some scholarship monies to make this available to everyone within our UFP community.