Position Posting below. Full job description here.
The Unitarian Fellowship of Peterborough strives to provide Religious Exploration (RE) programming for children and youth that is welcoming and inclusive, that encourages spiritual growth and development, and grounds our children and youth in Unitarian Universalist principles and values.
We are a liberal congregation seeking a Director of Religious Exploration (DRE) for child and youth programming. The position is 15 hours per week and includes most Sunday mornings.
We’re looking for the following skills, attributes and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Unitarian Universalism
- A ‘people person’…with an ability to connect in the interest of an inclusive community of children, youth and adults
- Skilled at group facilitation and developing hands-on experiential and inclusive learning
- Ability to work as a team member with volunteers, committees, other staff and the Board
- Strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to use word processing, email, internet and social networking (e.g. Facebook, groups/forums, web calendars etc)
- Solid organizational and event coordination skills
- Desire to continuously learn…about child development, justice issues, etc.
- Willingness to improve and expand knowledge and skills as necessary and appropriate
- Hold the vision for a program that honours the inherent worth, creativity, and light within each child/youth
- Plan and facilitate RE programming in collaboration with the RE Facilitator and volunteers
- Oversee program to ensure an environment that is fun, respectful, and safe
- Be the hub of communication for families and participants
- Manage program budget, administrative records, resources and equipment
- Supervise RE Facilitator and Playroom Staff
$17.00 to $18.00 per hour, based on experience. Position requires a Criminal Record (vulnerable sector) check. More information available at www.peterboroughunitarian.ca
Please apply to the DRE Hiring Committee at email@example.com
Include resume and a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications.
Deadline for applications: May 12, 2019.
Unitarian Fellowship of Peterborough
171A Rink St., Suite 266
Peterborough, ON K9J 2J6
The statement attached was issued after the publication on March 1, 2019, of a UUWorld article which caused harm to trans and nonbinary UU leaders and colleagues. The CUC, UU Ministers of Canada and the Canadian UU Religious Educators share this statement with you, as we are committed to being in right relationship with our trans and nonbinary siblings. The statement includes links to related documents.
A highlight of Peterborough’s year, the ReFrame Film Festival, is happening January 24-27, 2019.
This year, UFP is sponsoring four films that speak to our values and connect to issues of importance for us. These films are
1. Biidaaban, an Anishinabe story about a maple harvester and gender. Based on the writings of Leanne Simpson, it also has a virtual reality counterpart event. (Friday, 5pm, Market Hall)
2. Defiant Lives, a film about disability rights, apropos for us right now, given the status of the stair lift in our building. (Saturday, 10am, Market Hall)
3. Anthropocene, and environmental film which speaks to our human impact on the earth (Friday, 7:30pm, Market Hall)
4. Adventures in Understanding, which is about the canoe trips that Glen Caradus leads, bringing indigenous and non-indigenous youth together. (Sunday, 4:15pm, Showplace)
Visit ReFrame’s website for more information and to find out how/where to purchase tickets.
to help with UFP’s Youth Conference Feb. 22-24, 2019
Seeking a Food Coordinator:
-Create a simple meal plan: vegetarian as per building rules.
-With help from UFP Youth Group and Youth Advisors, recruit meal donations and meal preparation volunteers from parents and UFP congregation.
-Coordinate meal donations. May require some grocery shopping and meal preparation.
-Coordinate meal preparation volunteers to be on hand in the kitchen during the actual Youth Conference.
If you can fill this coordinator role, please email UFP Youth Advisor Kim Thomas kim.thomas8883ATgmail.com
Seeking donated meals or people to help prepare meals:
If you can donate a meal for Sat. Feb. 23rd or help prepare meals on Friday Feb 22 or Sat. Feb. 23 or Sunday morning Feb 24, contact Kim Thomas kim.thomas8883ATgmail.com
Seeking 8 overnight volunteers:
If you can be an overnight volunteer for a shift, either Friday or Saturday night, please contact Tracy Galvin, our Overnight Volunteer Coordinator: tgalvinizeATyahoo.ca 705-741-7654.
Friday Feb. 22 1st shift: 10pm – 2am. 2nd shift: 2am- 7am.
Saturday Feb. 23 1st shift: 10pm – 2am. 2nd shift: 2am- 7am.