This is the Zoom link for Sunday services: https://tinyurl.com/UFPsundayservice
This page will always have the most Fellowship COVID information. It may also appear as News or in other places.
The following protocols remain in place for any in-person events to increase everyone’s safety:
- Screening questions are posted — please rigorously self-screen before entering the building.
- N95 or better masks are mandatory. If you do not have access to one, there are some in the foyer.
- Please continue to maintain physical distancing from those outside your household.
- Natural ventilation is being increased by opening doors and windows so please dress to be comfortable.
At our meeting this week, the UFP Board approved the following COVID-19 and music policy, to enable Resonance, the Occasional Singers and any other small groups to rehearse and perform in the Sanctuary under these specific conditions:
When the Local COVID-19 Risk Index is at Moderate:
Resonance and other singing groups are welcome to meet at UFP to rehearse based on the following precautions:
- Rigorous self-screening to attend, modelled on the Peterborough Singers approach,
- All participants properly masked at all times (N95 or better masks, properly worn),
- Social distancing in effect,
- Doors and windows open for ventilation, and,
- No indoor social time before or after the practice. (Outdoors is fine, it’s all about air exchange indoors and amount of time together.)
Resonance and other groups can perform at UFP in-person services with these same precautions. (Distancing is desirable while performing too, but what is practical/possible needs to be determined.)
When the Local COVID-19 Risk Index is at High:
Resonance and other singing groups can still meet to rehearse at UFP, for a maximum of 1 hour, based on maximum care with above noted precautions.
Resonance and other singing groups can be recorded live together in the rehearsal space for use in on-line services.
Note: At High, our services are online, with only the service delivery team in the Sanctuary.
Additional note: The 1 hour time at High is based on the CO2 monitoring we have done to date in the space to check air exchange in real world conditions. With additional testing in a live rehearsal, this might be improvable.)
At VERY HIGH, we do not gather. The Board includes two members and lovers of Resonance, and we look forward to singing with many of you again soon.
Please email any clarifying questions to me, Ben, and I’ll share the answers.
— Ben Wolfe, President, Unitarian Fellowship of Peterborough
Local COVID levels have gone from Moderate to High to VERY HIGH and still rising in the last two weeks. It is frustrating and disappointing and we are trying to make the best of it.
Well, it’s not a shock that cases have been rampant due to many factors including schools starting, a flood of large gatherings, COVID exhaustion and reduced protective standards, change of…
The pandemic continues to require of us that we “gather safely.” We at UFP have had lots of practice on how over the past 2 1/2 years, and our…
Communal responsibility continues to guide our actions. Creating a welcoming and safe space for those who are vulnerable and those who are choosing to remain covid cautious during this time…
Recently the Safe Gathering Committee provided the Board with a review of the decision making criteria we use when considering changes to our covid safety measures. Additional current covid-19 information…
The committee would like to again direct folks to the new Peterborough Public Health Covid-19 Community Risk Index especially as everyone is making decisions around Easter gatherings both UFP related…