Position Posting below. Full job description here.
The Unitarian Fellowship of Peterborough strives to provide Religious Exploration (RE) programming for children and youth that is welcoming and inclusive, that encourages spiritual growth and development, and grounds our children and youth in Unitarian Universalist principles and values.
We are a liberal congregation seeking a Director of Religious Exploration (DRE) for child and youth programming. The position is 15 hours per week and includes most Sunday mornings.
We’re looking for the following skills, attributes and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Unitarian Universalism
- A ‘people person’…with an ability to connect in the interest of an inclusive community of children, youth and adults
- Skilled at group facilitation and developing hands-on experiential and inclusive learning
- Ability to work as a team member with volunteers, committees, other staff and the Board
- Strong communication, interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to use word processing, email, internet and social networking (e.g. Facebook, groups/forums, web calendars etc)
- Solid organizational and event coordination skills
- Desire to continuously learn…about child development, justice issues, etc.
- Willingness to improve and expand knowledge and skills as necessary and appropriate
- Hold the vision for a program that honours the inherent worth, creativity, and light within each child/youth
- Plan and facilitate RE programming in collaboration with the RE Facilitator and volunteers
- Oversee program to ensure an environment that is fun, respectful, and safe
- Be the hub of communication for families and participants
- Manage program budget, administrative records, resources and equipment
- Supervise RE Facilitator and Playroom Staff
$17.00 to $18.00 per hour, based on experience. Position requires a Criminal Record (vulnerable sector) check. More information available at www.peterboroughunitarian.ca
Please apply to the DRE Hiring Committee at email@example.com
Include resume and a cover letter expressing your interest and qualifications.
Deadline for applications: May 12, 2019.
Unitarian Fellowship of Peterborough
171A Rink St., Suite 266
Peterborough, ON K9J 2J6